Advertise

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lala Chong Seafood Restaurant @ Kampung Kayu Ara

Last weekend (or is it last 2 weekends ago?), we went to our not-so-usual place for dinner.
And that's mean Jk need to drive out from our comfort zone (which I think he hates most). No choice lar baby, your wifey need a change sometimes :)


We went to Lala Chong @ Kayu Ara Damansara. I'm sure many of you heard of this place before but many said it's overated. Foods are expensive and throat-cutting. Jk must be asking now "then why you still con me here?". Hahaha.....alot of people also said the foods is nice ma. Never try never know lor ^.^



Caleb was getting hungry. Luckily I brought some cereals and cracker with me.

Omm Omm Omm...

We ordered 5 dishes. Yes, you heard me right. 3 persons, ok lar...4 persons including Caleb ordered 5 dishes. Haha, aren't we are a bunch of hungry-glutton?

First up, pucuk paku in sambal belacan. It is some new vegetable to try on as we don't get to eat it often. Taste just so-so. Edible? yes, nice? - not really as I feel that it leaves a waxy after taste in my mouth.


This is what we are here for. Lala Chong’s signature dish is the “Siong Thong Lala” fresh clams in Chinese rice wine, garlic, ginger and cili padi. Clams were huge and FRESH without any sands. The soup were flavourful. We drank it to our last drop!


Caleb's dish. Tofu kang or tofu soup. Taste similar to sharkfin soup of course without any sharkfin. Due to animal cruelty, I stopped taking sharkfin soup. Yes, let's do our part in protecting the animals. Ok, that topic aside. This soup is so smooth with chunks of crab meat, tofu, eggs and dunno-what-else. But still, this is a very nice dish to go with rice. I know Caleb ate a bowl of rice just with this dish. Yupe, A BOWL! hahaha....body so small but whack alot.


Sweet and sour chicken. Initially we wanted to order sweet and sour pork (koo lou yuk, yum yum, my favourite) but the waiteress said sorry hor, pork free lar. So, chicken pun chicken lar. The gravy was alright but chicken chunks were over-fried. It were hard and dry. Not good :( But we still finished it. Dont waste ma...


The last dish, deep fried honey squid. It looks and sounds almost cruel because we are actually eating BABIES. Huh, talking about animal cruelty just now. Anyway........ the taste just average, gravy was alright but the squids were again, over-fried. Dry and hard. Sigh.....


I couldn't remember how much we paid at the end. I think around RM75 not more than RM80. Are we going for 2nd time visit? Mmmm....not really, except the driver is super good mood and excited. Haha...excited? about what? I dont know, maybe if I tell him I'm pregnant leh...... muahahaha :D

No, I'm not pregnant ;)

4 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

oh i've heard of this place from other bloggers but haven't tried. nothing special eh?

scarediechickenme said...

Yea, nothing special....the only special thing is it quite far from our place :) We basically need to drive around 20-30min to reach there...

Adino said...

I've been to this place a couple of times. We usually go to a nearby grocer to do our vegetable shopping.

Agree that the food seems normal. Maybe I didn't order the 'special' seafood that would probably cost more.

But from your photos, RM80 for that meal was quite reasonable.

Actually my favourite thing about this restaurant is the ample parking space, and there's aquariums to keep my kids occupied.

Sasha Tan said...

i think 80 for all the dishes considered okay edi. last time we ate there i think they really took out the parang and slaughtered us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...