Advertise

Monday, April 25, 2011

Top 5 cancer-causing food

I always remind myself to eat healthy, stay healthy and do whatever it takes to live longer so that I can take care of Caleb. I want to be there when he start schooling, start dating, when he get married and eventually have a baby. I want to be there for everthing.

That is why I always remind jk to eat healthy too but he likes spicy and fried food too much to be parted with them. I try to cook at home as much as possible but somehow jk grew bored and wanted to eat chap fan (economy rice) instead. His picky-ness on food doesnt help much either as my homecook recipes are very 'private limited'

In the end, I just told myself to be more lenient, as long as we dont overeat and to have more variety in our diet, it shouldnt be a problem. Until I got this mail forwarded to me. I'll put it here as I think the info are quite true.

The top five cancer-causing foods are:

1. Hot dogs
Because they are high in nitrates, the Cancer Prevention Coalition advises that children eat no more than 12 hot dogs a month. If you can't live without hot dogs, buy those made without sodium nitrate.
- wei, hotdog not good leh. That's why I dont allow you eat 10 at one go, now you understand why?

2. Processed meats and bacon
Also high in the same sodium nitrates found in hot dogs, bacon, and other processed meats raise the risk of heart disease. The saturated fat in bacon also contributes to cancer.
- 2nd highly cancer-causing food. So, luncheon meat and bacon out of the meal as well. I know you must be thinking "everything also cannot eat, might die as well lor". Then try to die later, ok?

3. Doughnuts
Doughnuts are cancer-causing double trouble. First, they are made with white flour, sugar, and hydrogenated oils, then fried at high temperatures. Doughnuts, says Adams , may be the worst food you can possibly eat to raise your risk of cancer..
- I know you are not a fan of doughnut but I AM. hehehe....just part time fan jek. Doughnut to me is just so so despite on its pricey tag.

4. French f ries
Like doughnuts, French fries are made with hydrogenated oils and then fried at high temperatures. They also contain cancer- causing acryl amides which occur during the frying process. They should be called cancer fries, not French fries, said Adams .
- Mmmm...let's both of us skip this when we have our chicken chop in Rainbow.

5. Chips, crackers, and cookies
All are usually made with white flour and sugar. Even the ones whose labels claim to be free of trans-fats generally contain small amounts of trans-fats.
- No wonder my mom said all these are 'POISON'. Indeed.....

Eat healthy stay healthy.

SHIT!! I just ate 2 pieces of KFC and one KFC toasted pocketful for breakfast just now.... Kanasai....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...