Advertise

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Butter Loaf with Raisins and Walnuts

Caleb and I are bread person. We love bread very much. Sometimes when I didnt know what to eat for lunch or dinner, I'd just fried an egg, sandwiched it between 2 slices of bread, some soy sauce, pepper and chili sauce and voila, that's my meal. Very nice.....

Since we consumed alot of bread most time, I try to do it at home. Well, for the first few times, the breads turned out to be a 'rock' instead. Throw dog also they'll die one....haha

I stumbled upon this recipe from wendyinkk. Wow...she's really good! Most of her recipe that I've tried, turned out very good. Ahem...plus my cooking culinary experiences too lar... :)

Recipe: Split Top Buter Loaf Recipe (copied from wendyinkk)

Bread loaf
320 gm Bread flour
66 gmWhipping cream
162 gm milk
33 gm honey
16 gm butter
3 gm yeast
4 gm salt
30gm egg

Topping:
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp coarse sugar (I used brown sugar)
Raisins & and chopped walnut (I add myself......)
Egg (for brushing)

Method:
Mix everything except the butter for 15 minutes. Add in butter and knead. Wendy stated that knead until a thin membran can be formed when stretched but I can't seem to get that effect. So, I just leave it.

Cover and let it proof for an hour or until doubled.

When dough had doubled, punch down and knead. I divided it into 8 balls. Stretch each ball long and flat, roll up. Place rolled up dough into buttered loaf pan.
Let it proof until double again.


Preheat oven to 180C. When dough has doubled, make a long inch deep slit all the way through centre. Mix butter and brown sugar and spoon into the slit. Trying to push them down a bit. Sprinkled raisins and chopped walnut along the way. Brush egg on dough on top.


Bake at 180C for 10 minutes and 160C for 25 minutes.

And it turned out to be a beautiful bread loaf.


Sliced it up...


It was sooooo soft. Dog wont die this time. Can do massage this time ;) *hik hik*



All swipe clean in 2 days time. I'm so gonna bake this again....

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow..it certainly looks good! I am into bread too these days..

scarediechickenme said...

Thanks Claire....haha...u get well soon ya :)

mommy to chumsy said...

Mmm....the bread sure look delicious :)

scarediechickenme said...

Thanks Barb :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...