Advertise

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Penang Assam Laksa


This is the Penang Assam Laksa my mom cooked the other day. The picture is quite blur because I took it with my Sony Ericsson W910i hp. The phone itself is not bad but in term of picture quality, it's damn sucks!!


Anyway, my mom cooked the broth with big chunks of fish meat. All big chunks of fish meat overwhelming the whole laksa broth and noodles inside. I'm not sure of whole ingredients that she used but I can recongnised a few. Tamarind (assam), Polygonum leafs (daun laksa) and ginger flower (bunga kantan). Without these 3 ingredients, your laksa cannot be known as laksa, it should only known as curry noodle instead....


Of course no Penang Assam Laksa is complete without a spoonful of heh ko or prawn paste. Dont smell it, just scoop and let it melt in hot gravy. Otherwise, you'll start looking for any dead rats nearby...haha

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...