Advertise

Friday, September 16, 2011

Parenting: #1 - Action and Consequence

"You are one crazy mom"
Well, that is what Jk always said to me. Haha....

I did crazy stuffs with Caleb. I teach him what is cold, what is hot and what is spicy by practical.... haha. By practical means I let him feel what is hot by letting him eat hot porridge or hot soup. And spicy by let him taste nasi lemak's sambal. You should see his face twisting here and there. :) Before you pick up the phone to call 'talian dera kanak kanak', let me explain. Hahaha....

This is the most fastest, easiest and effective way to let him know the feeling of cold, hot and spicy. One time, twice and the third time, he didnt wail or scream his lung off whenever I told him: 'wait, the soup/porridge is still hot'.

Now, he'd automatically blow and blow and blow the foods when I told him it's hot. Sometimes he'd ask me to help him blow so that it cooled down quickly. :)

He knows how to duck his head whenever he want to pick up his toys underneath the table and remained in this posture before he got himself out from it. Hahaha.... Lesson learned. Resulting in knocking his head too many times.

I always agree that kids need to learn in a hard way or at least let them understand the consequences. Plainly explaining is not enough especially with my 'hard-headed' son. He just wouldn't listen... Grrrr....

When everything doesnt seem to work, 'rotan' comes to the rescue :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...