Advertise

Monday, March 30, 2009

I get to eat bird's saliva...nicey

Bird Nest Soup is a delicacy in Chinese cuisine. Known to be very nutritious food around rich tai-tais, high in calcium, iron (mmm...just what I need...) and traditionally believe to provide health benefits.

I remember when I was small, my mom used to make bird nest soup very often. Me and my brother would be *forced* to eat, one bowl each. Once I remember my mom put too much rock sugar and soon after I've finished it, I had bad headache. I dont know why, maybe high sugar content caused the brain cell paralyzed or the other way round, too active until can't stop jumping inside my brain..) At the same time my brother felt the headache too. Since then I asked mom not to boil bird nest soup anymore. Silly me..... :D

Anyway, my mom said she will supply bird nest for me through out my whole pregnancy. Walau.... I quickly said thank you wor.....hahaha...so generous!

Well, I made bird nest soup yesterday. First the dried piece of bird nest need to soak in water for at least 3 or 4 hours. Sometimes I soaked overnight too...
Then boiled 2 cups of water on stove before pouring into slow cooker. As you know, slow cooker ma...if you boiled up the water, then cooking process will be faster (*wink) Put the piece of bird nest into slow cooker.

Cook for 2-3 hours and the soup is ready to be served. Dont forget to put in rock sugar. I like mine not too sweet. Need to wait for another week before I can make one again.... :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...