Advertise

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Little angku @ hometown

As usual, when there's school holiday,  we are back to my parent's house. And as usual, my mom would cook a lot of stuffs at home enough to feed a whole loot of army.

My mom made this the other day and I ate 3 at one go. Burrppp......full. This is called angku, in this case is 'chehku' because it's in green color. My mom blended few strands of screwpine leaves and juice out the essence. The aroma was intense. I likey.....

Notice the mold?  Well, that is family heritage mold which will not be traded for anything in this world. It's so unique and classic and I believe I can't get it anywhere now. This is so rare and beautiful. Just told my mom to keep it for me although mmmm......I haven't mastered the skills of making angku yet. Don't care, I shall keep it under my bed first. Hahaha....

8 comments:

mun said...

Angku is one of my favourite food because I just love to eat the mung bean psste in it. You are so lucky that your mother makes them for you to eat. Yum! Yum!

scarediechickenme said...

Hi mun, u like angku too? Ya, I love the mung bean paste too but I like it salty. Nice.....very nice :)

mun said...

Hi Sue Ann,

Yes, I like to eat angku. So far, the only ones I find nice are those sold in 1U lower ground floor.

Mung bean paste - salty? - in which type of kuih or food can I find salty mung bean paste? I wanna try. I know bak chang has salty mung bean but not really in paste form.

Thank you for your reply in advance! :)

scarediechickenme said...

Angku actually have 2 types of mung bean paste. One is sweet n another one is salty. In salty, my mom would put fried shallots and salt and cook together with the paste. It nice and fragrance. .....

mun said...

Hello Sue Ann,

Thanks for your reply. I have not come across any salty ang kus being sold before. So nice of your mother to specially make savoury ones for you. I don't think I will ever have a chance to buy some savoury ones to eat since I can't find any.

scarediechickenme said...

hi mun, yes. not many place sell savoury angku. At least I didn't come across any. Thanks. my mom is really a great cook!

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Anonymous said...

live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...